Raytheon is an industry leader in the field of technology. From defense and civil government to cybersecurity solutions, Raytheon specializes in cutting-edge technology solutions for their customers. They have 61,000 employees worldwide.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is a Raytheon division specializing in research and innovation. Raytheon BBN works in multiple arenas, including big data, cloud computing, immersive learning, military and defense, and synthetic biology tools.
Raytheon BBN wanted to use Scrum for a DARPA project they had recently won, but their development team hadn’t used Scrum before. We had to efficiency introduce a new process, so they could rapidly achieve sufficient velocity to show early results for their customer.
What We Did
We got the Raytheon BBN team off and running with Scrum in a matter of hours. From coaching to one-on-one support, we gave them the skills and tools needed to effectively use Scrum.
- Introduced Scrum during a brief initial meeting
- Coached the team on key roles and responsibilities
- Helped the Product Owner craft an initial backlog
- Immediately started the team executing basic Scrum rituals
- Supported the team for several weeks with tools, mentoring, and feedback
- Participated in their Scrum rituals for in-the-moment guidance
Raytheon BBN’s DARPA project team was rapidly up and running with Scrum and able to quickly achieve the velocity they needed to deliver early results and establish credibility with their customer.